January 30, 2026e-Paper
The View From India Looking at World Affairs from the Indian perspective.
First Day First Show News and reviews from the world of cinema and streaming.
Today's Cache Your download of the top 5 technology stories of the day.
Science For All The weekly newsletter from science writers takes the jargon out of science and puts the fun in!
Data Point Decoding the headlines with facts, figures, and numbers
Health Matters Ramya Kannan writes to you on getting to good health, and staying there
The Hindu On Books Books of the week, reviews, excerpts, new titles and features.
January 30, 2026e-Paper
Updated – January 30, 2026 08:35 pm IST – New Delhi
Delhi terror blast case accused Dr. Muzamil Ahmad Ganaie, Dr. Shaheen Saeed and Dr. Adeel Ahmed Rather are brought to the Patiala House Court in New Delhi on November 29, 2025 after the end of their 10-day NIA custody. | Photo Credit: ANI
The group of doctors arrested in connection with the November 10, 2025 Red Fort car-borne suicide attack that killed over a dozen people were allegedly conspiring to bomb the outlets of a global coffee chain, whose founder is a Jew, a source in the government told The Hindu. The “white collar terror module” had been active for the past four years, the source said.
The three accused doctors, Muzamil Ahmad Ganaie and Adeel Ahmed Rather from Jammu and Kashmir, and Shaheen Saeed from Uttar Pradesh, have told investigators that there was a difference of opinion with Umar-Un-Nabi, the car-borne attacker who was killed in the terror attack, regarding the choice of targets. By attacking the coffee chain outlets in Delhi and other major Indian cities, the accused wanted to send a message against Israel’s military action in Gaza. Some members of the group wanted to restrict the terror plot to targeting security forces in Jammu and Kashmir, the source said.
The group wanted to revive the Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind (AguH), the Indian offshoot of the global terror outfit al-Qaeda, a senior government official said. The AGuH was founded by Zakir Musa, who was killed in an encounter with the security forces in 2019 in south Kashmir’s Tral. The accused doctors wanted to resurrect the AGuH and “establish Islamic law in the country” after the terror group’s last known commander, Muzamil Ahmad Tantray, was also killed in an encounter in 2021.
The Red Fort car explosion was preceded by a 20-day-long probe by the Jammu and Kashmir Police to find a “terror module” linked to two terror outfits — the Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and the AguH — after a JeM pamphlet surfaced in Srinagar on October 19, 2025. The poster, which asked local people not to cooperate with the police, and refuse them entry in their shops, led the J&K Police to a cleric in Shopian, and the unravelling of the alleged terror plot and discovery of 2,900 kg of explosive substances and sophisticated weapons during raids in Faridabad on November 9, 2025 and November 10, 2025. The JeM is a banned Pakistan-based terror organisation.
“The accused watched online videos and intended to create bombs from scratch. That is why thousands of kilos of urea bags were recovered from them. They had experimented a lot by mixing various chemicals, ensuring that the bombs are prepared from locally available materials, thereby not raising any red flags,” the source said.
Nabi likely hurriedly assembled around 40 kg explosives in the car which exploded near the Red Fort on November 10, 2025, the second official added. The action was likely hastened after other members of his group were arrested.
The case is at present being probed by the National Investigation Agency, which has arrested nine persons so far, including the three doctors.
Earlier, the J&K Police had recovered an 1.20-minute video clip from Nabi’s phone, where he is seen talking about the act of suicide bombing.
In the video clip, recovered from one of his phones dumped in a ditch near his house in Pulwama, he is seen speaking about “martyrdom operations” in a heavy English accent. There were multiple such videos in his phone, the second official said.
Published – January 30, 2026 08:19 pm IST
Delhi blast 2025
Copyright© 2026, THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD. or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
BACK TO TOPBack to Top
Terms & conditions  |  Institutional Subscriber
Comments have to be in English, and in full sentences. They cannot be abusive or personal. Please abide by our community guidelines for posting your comments.
We have migrated to a new commenting platform. If you are already a registered user of The Hindu and logged in, you may continue to engage with our articles. If you do not have an account please register and login to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.

source

Lisa kommentaar

Sinu e-postiaadressi ei avaldata. Nõutavad väljad on tähistatud *-ga

Your Shopping cart

Close